Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Opera Mobile password retrieval - root required.

(AFAIK, this ONLY works with Opera prior to switch over to WebKit engine, any later versions are not guaranteed to work.)

I have recently had a need to grab my passwords from my smartphone's Opera Mobile and surprisingly there was nothing at all in the Google to help me with that. For anyone else looking to follow my footsteps, here is the story. Solution is at the end.

Having looked all over the micro-SD cards I found nothing. After a little bit of thinking I switched on Ghost Commander and looked inside the system folders(thank goodness I rooted the phone 2 months ago).
opera:config provided me with a hint, by giving me the following address for majority of the opera config files "/data/data/com.opera.browser/opera/" in the root directory of the phone, where I found folder "secure" with wand.dat inside. Moved it over to the PC where I cracked it open with a generic Opera Password Retrieval program.

Solution:
root:/data/data/com.opera.browser/opera/secure/wand.dat
Requires Root to acquire, and can be opened with any utility that opens regular Opera wand.dat password file Also make sure to Disable the master password encryption first!

No comments: